Monday, April 18, 2005

Coffee

I love watching the crema settle on a perfect espresso. Sometimes I'm a bit late getting started (like when I'm sick and I know I'm on holiday anyway) but then the coffee hits and I feel energised and full of joy. If I had 4 hands and 2 pianos I'd be into Jupiter by Holst but I haven't so I'm confined to putting on the orchestral version CD and jumping around the house singing "dum dum dum da da da dum dum dum da da da dum dum dum da-da-da dadada dum dadada dum da da da"

I think I've got that right.

When I'm singing I'm more restricted. I can have my espresso but only if it's maybe an hour before I sing. No milk but I don't have milk anyway. But no soy milk because it's too filling. Definitely no chocolate! I can have a little tea but again I have to know what it is and not overdo it. Generally I have something neutral like ginger tea and lots of water.

I've been working on my piano repertoire to put together a programme I can take around. I've got some interesting classical tunes but need to work on lighter stuff - nobody wants to listen to a Chopin etude while having drinks, but a nocturne is welcome with the right crowd.

I'm also looking at the songs I know that I can play myself. The demand for this is very low. I'm actually better off with a CD player and a karaoke microphone. Grrr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home