Saturday, April 16, 2005

Pencils

It's been a busy day - a cleaning day and an artwork day. I even made it to the mall to get some necessities. I'm now sore all over.

The mall (particularly of a Friday evening) can certainly leave its mark on the shoulder and upper back muscles of a girl, and the back and forth cleaning does it too. Also, my feet hurt.

A little piano practice and plenty of drawing sealed the deal.

Because my current project is in pencil, I'm labouring over every little speck of the canvas. It's not actual canvas - it's textured card designed for watercolour. Because I want to do a wash background, it's the stuff I have to use. I had no idea it was going to be so intense. Anyway, I've got the basic design down and I've got colour applied to everything but the actual skin of the big portrait (I think I might do the skin in transparent acrylic for easier application). I love working with Derwents because you pick up a colour and then you start getting ideas for what to do with it. Of course they're shocking for Australian landscapes or portraits, but they're colourful for stylised cartoon images.

Tomorrow I'll have to get hard at work on all the maths I'm supposed to be doing. Now my room is almost spick and span (almost, but not quite...) I'm just about ready to go. Hooray! It's been a good break, but I'm really starting to miss it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home