Saturday, June 04, 2005

Lemme at 'em!

I am so angry at the person who was just in my street.

I heard a screech and a vroom and thought it was just someone having fun.

Then I realized exactly what it was: some idiot doing burnouts in a suburban street.

For the last few weeks we've been coming home to tyre tracks on the road. It's always in the same place and it happens about once a week.

What's the story? It's a suburban neighbourhood and there are kids living here. It's after midnight, but here are some things that happen in suburban streets after midnight:
  • Very tired parents take their exhausted babies for long tearful walks
  • Drunken youths stumble home on bicycles or on foot after Friday night parties
  • Kids stay up late on Friday nights and go outside for running around
Yes, it's cold out, but Canberra (where I am today) is actually quite comfortable at night. The ice drops out and the air is still and dry. It's great to be out in it and I love it. What I don't love is some idiot with access to a tyre shop tearing up the pavement and polluting the air in my street.

It makes no sense because
  • There are skid pans
  • There are race tracks
  • Even if you don't want that, there are country paddocks and much more sensible bits of road than my street.
So Mister or Ms burnout, just watch out because Rocket is angry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home